June means alot of things but one of my favorites is baseball…. my first baseball experience was with my great nephew Dally,,,and T ball.. right off the bat i got in trouble..i went out and was behind the picture taking pictures of my dally…i never liked that fat pitcher guy after that much..got good pictures…. then Tanna tried her hand at tball and alec came along and then the dandelion picker kaylee bug…but oh has it been fun going to Idaho to watch 3 of my grandsons play for the HaydenMeadows little league..all three are pitchers,catchers and hitters….and to top it off the youngest grandson bman is in rookies…. ive seen great improvements in all the boys this yr…i read 10 life lessons baseball can teach kids.
1) FAMILY TIME..how much fun is it to be out on a sat morning watching all these kids do something healthy and good… i love concessions and hayden has a great concession stand…whatever kids arent playing enjoy nanas. pocket..can i get a cheeseburger,,,??
2) MAKE FRIENDS you see these kids making new friends and becoming less shy …and in the stands the moms are becoming girlfriends all over..
3)DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT if you want to play you have to be to practice,, be enthusiastic,, be a good sport and really be all there
4) RESPECT..respect your coach, umpires, other coaches, your team mates, your parents..and yourself
5) WIN SOME LOOSE SOME.. this is a good lesson…we cant win every time we do something..thats not how life is…get up ,, dust yourself off and shake the other guys hand saying Good Job…Great game.
6)NO I IN TEAM… playing on a team is awesome for everyone.. even the best players cannot be single,,they need everyone on the team to make it work…parents need this lesson prob. more than kids because we always think our johnny should be…..
7)KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL focus .. whatever we do in life we need to focus and be our best…
8) SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA GET DIRTY get in there and gether done
9)PRACTICE IS HARDWORK…whether youre playing the piano, or learning to hit a ball it all takes practice
10) PATIENCE rome wasnt conquered in a day….you will get it just be patient.. wait for the ball to come to you..dont swing to soon…
i just thought those were good. It was so fun taking Brandt to watch Keat play ,,he loved it and loved being with the cousins so much he wished his game would get cancelled so we could stay one more night with the cousins…..